Google chromecast has been launched in the year 2013 and become affordable and popular video sharing dongle in a short period. If you want to change your television nature which caters one-way communication and dumb into a smart appliance, Chromecast is a solution. Chromecast is an excellent video streaming dongle.
In the article, we will elaborate steps for installing chromecast setup that will make your device up. It permits you to stream videos and also allow you to download and install games and application from Playstore with an ease. So, you can also enjoy different thrilling games on your television screen whereas your smartphone will behave as a controller. Also, you can mirror your Android device by launching Google Home App and selecting the Cast video/audio from the menu and then choose Chromecast from the list.
Before you start the download and start stream video on the internet through chromecast, it is a necessity to get your dongle ready to run efficiently. Although the features and appearance of the Google Chromecast are changing ever since. You have to follow below steps to turn Tv with HDMI port into a Smart TV.
What is Chromecast Setup?
Today, the internet has made everything very easy for people. This gave rise to many useful gadgets which can make surfing internet much easier. Chromecast is one among such devices which are also known as the streaming media adapter. This is derived right from the house of Google that helps users to see different types of online contents. People can easily view the videos without any buffering impact through the Chromecast adapter. You also can get the pleasure of play music on a digital television.
How to Setup Chromecast for TV, Smartphone and PC?
Chromecast setup for TV:
- First of all, you need to plug in your chromecast device
- Now, you need to plug in your device to the TV.
- The third step will be connecting the USB power cable to the Chromecast device
- Then connect both the devices
- Now, you have to click the download option for Google home app
- Then click on the link, ‘ setupChromecast’.
- In a few minutes, your chromecast setup for TV will be done.
Chromecast setup for Smartphone:
- Is your Chromecast already plugged in your TV’s input? If so, then you have made this quite easier. Or else you need plug it on
- Now connect the USB between chromecast and TV
- Then it is required to change the TV ‘s input
- Now go to the Google play store and download the Google cast android app from the store
- As soon as you get the app, there will be an option of installing. You need to click on that option. You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions. Go ahead with that as well.
- Then click the setup option
- You will receive a security code in your device. Putting it while installing will make the process complete.
Chromecast setup for PC:
- Open your Chrome browser and search for Google cast extension. You will get it from the Chrome web store.
- Click on the ‘Google caste’ icon. You will get this on the right side of the address bar. Now, you will get the Chromecast from the list.
- This will then give you the impression of the tab on your television. Alternatively, it is possible to go ahead with casting after you click on the extension, ‘ cast this tab’.
- You can stream the files and videos present in your laptop or a PC very simply. Just drag the particular file into the chrome tab. Now, click the full-screen button in the video player. This will make the screen of your TV filled.
- Thus, your chromecast setup on the laptop is done.
How to use Chromecast Setup on your Television?
- Chromecast by Google consists of an HDMI connector and HDMI extension that you required to use on the location where HDMI port of the television is present. Latest Chromecast model comes with HTML dongle, so you don’t have to use the extension. The latest models can connect directly to TV also powered through it. So, plug in Chromecast on HDMI port on TV through extension or directly.
- After doing this, the second step is to connect the dongle and switch on the television. Check if the TV detects Chromecast and also check that dongle is inserted into right input. Now take your hand to operate on Television Remote Control to select HDMI input and see whether TV detects the device.
- The third Step starts with downloading the home app of Google, on clicking official website at chromecast.com/setup on the device where you will be using a dongle. Tick the boxes of terms of services and be sure TV is connected to the local network via Wi-Fi.
- After downloading over, you need to select devices icon available at the top and right-hand side of the Google Home App. Once you tap, it will start searching available casting hardware on the network. It’ll find all the available hardware devices and provide the list. Select the Chromecast from the list, Click on “Setup Chromecast” and then “Continue” to move further in operations.
- By doing this a code will pop-up on your phone. You need to match the code with the code appears on the TV. Now tap “See the Code” and again press “continue.”
- In the process, you will be authorized to change the name of the dongle to something memorable. After changing the name Click on “Continue.”
- Now its time to choose a Wi-Fi network and press the “Continue” button. Automatically after doing this, chromecast will connect to the internet through the network you chose. In the process, you can download and install the latest updates online.
Follow the instructions to log in to the Chromecast with Google Account to complete the process of Chromecast Setup.
Requirements of Chromecast Setup:
There are some factors which are required while setting up of the Chrome caste.
Mobile Operating system requirement:
You must look for something compatible. Apparently, Google home app is one of the best for setting up the chromecast. The versions available are the Chromecast ultra, Chromecast audio, etc. You need to get the mobile devices that run:
- Ios 9.1 or higher
- Android 4.4 or higher
Computer OS requirement:
- The windows 7 or higher version with the chrome browser
- Mac OS X 10.9 or the higher version’
- Chrome OS device
In order to view the videos and music in a seamless fashion, a stable internet connection is a vital requirement. If you are willing to view it on TV, 4K capable television is required. A stable internet connection is needed. Go for the 4G wifi network for the best result.
The videos and music have become a part and parcel of life. People wish to experience it in a flawless fashion. The Chromecast is one of the best ways to get such benefit. Hurry up and go ahead with the chromecast setup. Hopefully, this article on step by step tutorial will be learned as to how can you make your TV operating like smart TV, and can perform nearby functions of computers or smartphones.